We talked to Fashion Expert, Sacha, who is an up-and-coming artist with an eye for fashion because of his upbringing in the fashion capitol of the world, Paris. We got his expert opinion on the Fall/Winter trends for men and we are so grateful that Sascha took time for us!
Here is what Sacha had to say…
FALL-WINTER MEN FASHION 2013
In NY, we’re noticing a lot of graphic prints and colors for the fall. Very sharp structured pieces and looks that are reminiscent of 90’s rave wear. Even though some designers are still attached to the silver metallic grey, we’re seeing a lot of bright colors for the winter too – carrying on the trend from summer. Of course the usual Fall/Winter colors will be around – beige, grey, brown. However, this year we’re seeing even more brands leaning towards summery colors for the fall and winter for men.
Let’s bring some happiness and light to winter!
For Paris, it’s the same but even more diverse. With the 90′s it’s going back to the 70′s too. Once again more graphics, squares, plaids etc. NY and Paris are similar this year but each has their own sub trends. NY will be moving more towards the David Bowie 90s rave clothes/or punk clothes and Paris will be at times more subtle. There are lots of great over coats for men this season. Plaids were everywhere in the Tommy Hilfiger collection, Valentino and Jill Sanders.
And of course, fur is big again, (Hermes and Armani and Fendi). Specifically, Astrakan.
We asked Sacha a few questions about this Fall’s Fashion trends for Men and here is what he told us….
Q: What colors pants will be hot for Fall this year?
A: I would definitely wear Orange or Purple. I like to differentiate myself and put colors in my life and I feel like this is the best way. I am not talking about sad orange but happy orange. And these colors correspond very well to the season too. Not only pants but tops too. This way you are able to really mark yourself as a person for there is so many different shades of orange and purple you can play with. It’s a great way to live the season in style with your own personal touch to it.
Q: What types of shoes should men look to buy this season?
A: Colorful shoes too, bright colors. And it could really just be laces for instance that are of a different unique color. If I were to take a walk during the day in the fall, I would definitely wear shoes with different colors and all sorts of light stuff. While at night to go out, I would wear black or white shoes with a touch of a bright color somewhere special.
Q: What are the top 5 things every guy should buy this season?
A: I see myself as a hopeless wanderer and hopeful romantic. And winter is the perfect moment for these two qualities/flaws for two reasons – in the winter, you are able to have multiple layers and it gives you the ability to play with so much more ; and it’s the perfect time to be romantic and bring romance with you by wearing it.
5 Things You Need To Own:
- - a good scarf: VERY IMPORTANT. One scarf I’ve had for 5 years. I’ve stolen it from a close friend( hehe) after he let me borrow it and it’s so fluffy and perfect that I will never give it back hehe. Use the scarf to show personality. The way you wear it can completely change the aura or impression someone gives. There is also other substitute like Le Col Cashmere. A friend of mine is the creator and I must say : best protection against the cold wind ! and really cool too.
- MOON BOOTS : I LOVE MOON BOOTS. I would wear them any season if they weren’t so warm. Perfect for winter and I think they make you look great too, men or women. They make you look like a viking and it’s really cool. Used to be and still very fashionable in Paris. Also super warm and comfortable. Its as if you are walking on a cloud.
- HATS : I am a big hat fan. Two hats you can wear in the winter…
- – Fedora hats. Perfect For Summer, Perfect for Winter. Just make sure you are wearing the appropriate coat or jacket. For winter I change the rules, I hold it in my hand when outside and when I go inside I put it on. Certain hats can also be very romantic and you can play a lot with them. Old fashioned but still going strong.
- CHAPKAS : some of them are horrible, some of them are pure brilliant. If you find a good one, wear it. It’s beautiful and protects you from the cold. It’s very cute and for a man, it shows a very strong personality like a bear or a wolf. But maybe it’s my blood talking ..
Thanks to Sacha for letting us know how to look HOT this Fall and Winter season!